If you own your business or a major shareholder in a privately held corporation, chances are you have worked hard to get the business where it is. And stake in the business is likely is a significant portion of your net worth.
More often than not, business owners are not allowing themselves the time to think about monetizing their efforts.
There are so many reasons a business and its owners can fail to convert the value of their life’s work into source of long term wealth for them and their families. A few are listed below.
- Failure to incentivize a successor in the business
- Managements inability to secure financing for a buyout
- Lack of forethought in attracting strategic buyers
- Unforeseen disruptions due to loss of key employees
- Inability to continue to perform duties due to disability
By working with Waypoint Wealth Planning, we can help you identify the opportunities and threats that could prevent you from converting your business into liquid net worth.